mandag 29. august 2011

The Last Night On Earth

I'm at Gardemoen, the airport in Oslo. Most goodbyes have been said, and I feel like I leave no negativity at home behind me as I go. As I look around I see lots of people with their destination set for them, and I can't help but think about how different my 'vacation' is compared to theirs. It's about 05:00, and in about one hour I'm gonna meet with the exchange people who's gonna get us to Heathrow in London, then the long flight over the ocean to Chicago. I can't say that I'm not a bit nervous, as I like my feet on the ground. Not in the air, not in/over the ocean, but on good solid ground. My journey is about to start for real, it's both pleasant and terrible at the same time. My stomach is twisting of all the emotions. I can't wait to embrace my new life though, as I'm sure it's gonna be great. I'm gonna miss all of my friends, and honestly… It feels as if I'll never see anyone again, even though I know that's not the case. Anyways, I'm kinda tired as I only slept 5 hours last night, and none this night. I'm not sure if I'll post anything more today, but I might as the travel time is so long. In 24 hours from now, I'll be in Portland… In America.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar