tirsdag 22. mai 2012

Choose Your Fate

It's the 22nd of May now, and it just gets weirder and weirder the close it gets to June. I'm almost going home. I can still remember all the feelings I had when I first came here. I've changed so much, for the better without a doubt. But I've also tried to stay true to who I am, and where I'm from. I've never been more proud of my roots than I am now. I've never appreciated my family, my friends, and love more than I do now.

A funny thing to mention is that now, after 8 months or so, my English is getting worse. My Spanish and Dutch are both getting better though, as to make up for my lack of English and Norwegian speaking skills xD I'm really enjoying learning languages, and I hope it'll stay that way. I find it hard to imagine myself fluent in either language though, for some weird reason. Even though I'm getting better, fluency just seem so far away.

Some recent events that have been happening to me have been first of all that I got to see Escape the Fate some time ago, which was a very good night for me. Then the release of Diablo 3, which took away my social life for a week. It didn't disappoint at all, except for the server down time which seems to be all the time. I didn't mention it, but ever since the 1st of April I've been working out at least 3 times a week; and I think I'm finally starting to see a difference xD Could be in my head though, you never know. Finally the Norwegian national day just passed, it was the 17th of May. It was amazing! So much broken Norwegian, so many interesting Norwegian immigrants to talk to. There musth ave been around 100-200 maybe even more people in the parade! And of all people I got to hold up the flag in the front of the parade. The American flag, with a girl holding the Norwegian flag. The marching band from a local high school played Ja vi Elsker (yes we love) and I sang with all of my voice, so proud of my fedreland :) I've never felt such honor in my entire life I think.  Thanks to Sons of Norway, the Norse Hall, and of course my good friend Carl Paasche for introducing me and giving me the opportunity.

To end this entry, I'll talk a little about how I feel in general now. I look back to last year, and I see a little kid, not understanding much more than misery and corruption in the world. I see that I was an ignorant little prick, haha. I've come to know how to appreciate true love, and what not to take for granted. I'm so happy about this change  that I could choke. I'm not sure if I've been in this country too long, or too little; all I know is that I needed this. I needed it to live with purpose, I needed it to get motivation. And lastly, I needed it to become who I am. I can finally say that I have an identity, and that I'm proud of having the hopes and dreams I have.  About 23 days left in the city of roses, Portland.

Lol, I was looking for internet xD 


I snapped a terrible picture, but this guy looked exactly like Otto. He was the driver of the yellow school bus I was on for a field trip. It was hilarious xD He says he hears it all the time. Oh the resemblance...

We had a couple of weeks with it being sunny and between 20 and 35 degrees Celsius. It was amazing! Sitting outside with Kathryn in guitar class. 


So this is my 17' beast that I use to play Diablo. Isn't he beautiful? Look how small my macbook pro looks compared xD 


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar