mandag 28. mai 2012

Ik Weet Niet

I don't like to talk a lot about my plans, because I'm constantly trying to improve them in my own ways; which means they often change. Though I've found something now that I'm certain that I burn for, so I decided to write a bit about it, my plan. So around Christmas I had an epiphany, which made me think a lot, and I decided to focus on language. I'm currently set on spending three or four years of my life in the Netherlands, which I'm really exited about. I'm going to take this year again, which is why this will happen in two years. I'm going to spend a lot of time studying, and working to earn money so I don't have to work when I'm there. I will be studying sociology in Dutch, and I'll major/take my bachelors degree in exactly this. After that I'll take a masters, but I don't know where yet. And I'm now concerned with it yet as it's too far in the future for it to matter. After I get the masters I'll have enough studies to get an at least decent job with good pay within sociology. This however, is not my main plan. With the studies, the language skills, and the experience I will have by then, I think I'll try to get a job within the foreign department of Norway, and basically become an ambassador or just a diplomat. They take in between 15-25 in UD (foreign department) every year, with around 300-600 people applying. This is why I'm getting a steady job first, instead of focusing everything on this. I'm a pessimist, so I'll grow my future under me slowly instead of rushing into it, 'cause I'm sure if I did I'd lose everything.


UD looks at your experience, what kind of education you have (though the idea is that education doesn't matter much), and your attitude is important as well. With a masters in sociology I'll have a better chance. And with the fact that I'd take it in the Netherlands, in Dutch, will be a good perk as well. In addition to this, I've completed a year in the U.S. All of this will when (if) I've done it show how interested I am in culture and language. But this is far, far in the future. I'm more focused on taking it easy, and get settled with the fact that I change my mind often. I just want to have fun while doing everything, and travel now that I have time. I really hope I'll get the chance to go through with this dream, it would be amazing. I guess only the future will tell, and I can't wait to see it unravel in front of me. Oh wait, one of the most significant things, I almost forgot xD I'm currently looking at these cities to study in: Amsterdam (duuh), Utrecht, Rotterdam, and Tilburg. These are the four places that had the schools with the subjects I want to study, and they all seem pretty good. I've only been in Rotterdam and Amsterdam before. Or, more correct, I've been to Tilburg too, but not much.  So yeah that's it, I'll have a close look at the Netherlands this summer to look at the schools and to learn the language.

"Just look up to the stars, and believe who you are; 'cause it's quite allright, and so long goodbye."




Bacon soap, bacon toothpaste, and now bacon chocolate. Oh god take me home to Norway where we have good food and candy xD 


I was in Seattle this weekend, visited the music museum. Kurt has played this guitar 0_0 And I've seen it. Together with Hendrix stuff, and of course drums from Dave and Krist's bass.
  The mole I chose to call Lucky for it not being run over, even though it was running in circles xD

 I'm gonna miss you Lucky

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar