fredag 30. september 2011

I'm Well Aware Of How It Aches

Every time I see an airplane in the sky it makes me think of home, of how it was to fly here, and how it's gonna be to fly back home. It's the strangest feeling of them all, and I just disconnect with reality and lose myself in thoughts. The fact is that I'm trying not to think of home, friends, family, and how much I miss it all. No matter how hard I try though, it doesn't work, there's always something reminding me of everything. This doesn't mean that I'm in constant agony, or that I'm not having the time of my life... 'Cause I am, it's just hard. The feeling I've got now, after only one month is indescribable. You might think you know, but you don't. I'm sure you've all been gone for a month from your home, but that's not the hard part.

The hard part is knowing that I won't be home for another 9 months, that everything here is new. The food they eat, the things they say, the language they speak, even the way they act amongst each other is different. That I lost 1-2 kg the first weeks I was here proves how hard it was for me to settle in here in the first place. I'm extremely happy that I have slept a lot better lately though! It feels great to sleep 7 hours with only awakening one or two times instead of every hour. So I'm happy about how most things are evolving to the better. I've gotten more than enough friends (at least from my point of view) and I've got a proper American life.

Enough of thoughts! Haha. Today I was at my first football game, which was amazing. We won like 63 -6 over Madison, or something like that. Seriously, we crushed them. Go Trojans. If you're reading Pål, everyone here makes fun of the fact that Trojan is a condom brand here xD  The game was so American, cheerleaders, football players, star spangled banner, yeah just everything. It's kinda retarded how the cheerleaders here think they're better than everyone else. And also, if you don't wanna try out to be a cheerleader you can pay 3000 dollars to get into the team... What the fuck. So they're mostly rich girls, or really talented girls who made it through the try outs. Oh America, you so retarded. Yeah that's another thing, you'd think everyone in America is like "aw yeah, amuurrica is the best country" but no, most people I talk to here say "America is a fucked up place, the government sucks" and the teachers here make fun of the fact that Americans don't use the metric system. Quoting both my Physics teacher and my Chemistry teacher "why do we use feet, oz, lbs etc? Because we're stupid."  Yeah didn't say it exactly like that, but seriously, they really do make fun of America like that xD I love it! They're not dumb here at all, they're actually quite insightful. That only goes for the teachers and some of the students though. There are people who are pretty stupid, but oh well, it's America.

Also, there's a German teacher here who talks Norwegian, so I went to his classroom and I was all like "snakker du norsk??"  "Ja, jei snakker litt nårsk, mene jei har ikke snakket på 10 år så ere litt rusten(+ some german 'cause he mixed the two)" I've never been so keen to talk Norwegian in my whole life xD And there's so many people with Norwegian origins here, it's pretty impressive.  To all my friends and my loved ones, I miss you so much. My heart truly lies scattered in my little town Arendal, and in Amerongenstraat in the Netherlands. No feeling can explain how it feels to know that I'm not gonna see you for so long, it sounds gay I know, but it's true. I miss walking around just being angry because I have to wait an hour for the bus, I miss running into people I know because in Arendal everyone knows everyone. I miss sitting in the mall reading, and what I miss the most is Norwegian. I miss talking Norwegian, I miss having education in Norwegian, I even miss thinking in Norwegian. I'm losing my Norwegian speaking skills :/  I'm sorry for this being such a long and meaningless entry, but sometimes that's what happens. Have a nice day, mine is just over.


Bob is so funny, and mean! My grade in English is better than a C, but I told him "I need to get a C or above, or it's a problem" so he just wrote C or above xD I've got A in guitar, B in physics, Pass in math I guess, A in history, and B in spanish so I'm not doing great, but it could have been a lot worse.





It was kinda chilly today as you can see on the cheerleaders wearing jackets. Look how American it looks! With the football teams, the football field and the cheerleaders. Only thing I could think of was Blue Mountain  State xD


I'm sorry the image sucks, but this is our mascot! A god damn Trojan xD I love this place, I love America seriously.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar