torsdag 8. september 2011

I've Been To Hell And Back

Yesterday, my second day of school was not really that good unfortunately. It was a hard day, a long day and a lonely day. I had made a friend called Sarah, but she was not in any of the classes I've got on long days. I felt like the world was coming down around me, for several reasons, not many including school. However, school and stress made it worse. Physics in English was rather hard, not because I didn't understand anything, but because I find it hard to understand where the teacher is going with her terms and such. I hope it'll get better, if not I'm gonna have to ask for a tutor, or at least some tutor time. If there's anyone who doesn't know what a tutor is, it's basically someone helping you with a class after school. Furthermore, after school I did homework. Which was okei, but still not very fun obviously.

With no expectations for the next day, I awoke 3:30 and couldn't sleep anymore. I like to make my time useful, so I started to do some math problems. Without being sleepy, I tried some more and failed. The thing about being here, all alone. Is no matter how much I want help, or attention, nothing can compare to safe and home. My friends at home, my family, basically all that matters to me... Now gone. I can barely speak to them at all because of time difference, and when I can it's short. I'm very tired as a mix of jetlag, adjusting and school. There is nothing I want more than a couple of hours with my friends at home(or Ilanne in the Netherlands), not having to think about anything but how much I enjoy it. What seems like an eternity, now 9 days has passed, and there are so many to go. It's unreal.

After I went to school by a very bumpy bus ride, I went to my first period, US history. I met Sarah again, and we talked some more. In class we did a fun round of 2 truths and a lie, got to learn some new names. I also learned that one of the persons there. When he was 10, took his mothers car and drove to school, and then home again after school, completely safe. All because his mother didn't wake up. I found that to be quite amusing, you would too if you saw how redneck/harry(I know only norwegians will get that) the guy looked. After history was chemistry, and I sat next to Sarah, which was very nice. We talked some more, did the experiment together. After class we went down to the cafeteria and she introduced me to a lot of new people. Some of them were people I wanted to talk to, but were to shy to do by myself. So that made me very happy. Last period was spanish. The spanish I take here means basically no English in class, so only spanish. And here they learn latino spanish not castellano, which makes that a little bit hard to me. But I met some new friends as well, mainly a guy called Greg. A goodhearted geek, that has the same childish humor as me. The teacher wrote '20 inches long' at the board. And Greg whispered to me "that's what she said" and we both bursted out in laughter. We had some activity which included talking to each other in class, so I got to know more new people. All in all, this has been a great day, now I'm very curious for tomorrow. I'll have the long day, the one where I'm more or less alone in my classes. If not some of the new people I've met are in my classes, I hope so. Have a nice day to all you at home, and in the Netherlands as well. And goodnight from America where it's now 11:32 pm or 23:32 if you prefer.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar